Liquibase 3.8.1 Release Notes
We are excited to announce the release of Liquibase 3.8.1 which, along with support, now provides even more database change control capabilities than Liquibase Community.
What’s New in Version 3.8.1
- LB Pro Only: Oracle and SQL Server users can now reverse engineer database changes for Stored Logic such as triggers, functions & procedures using generateChangeLog, snapshot, diff, and diffChangeLog commands.
- LB Pro Only: Stored Logic objects will now export into local directories and files.
- New and improved documentation topics on the following Liquibase commands:
- diff – https://www.liquibase.org/documentation/diff.html
- diffChangeLog – https://www.liquibase.org/documentation/diffChangeLog.html
- generateChangeLog – https://www.liquibase.org/documentation/generating_changelogs.html
- snapshot – https://www.liquibase.org/documentation/snapshot.html
We also fixed a number of bugs to better improve your experience with Liquibase Community and Liquibase Pro. The following bugs were fixed in version 3.8.1:
- Made it easier to upgrade and use the newest release’s capabilities
- diff command writes to an external file using –outputFile flag
- updateSQL command no longer outputs to liquibase.log
- Cleaned up unexpected entries in diffchangelog.xml for SQL Server
- Cleaned up CLI parser to reduce unexpected case-sensitivity and character encodings
- Cleaned up CLI parser more smartly provide help when needed
- Fixed Auto Permissions issues with grants on directories
- Fixed how Oracle unique indexes convert primary keys and index storage options
Giving Back to the Community
We’ve added some Liquibase Pro features in this latest release, but we’re also continuing to fix bugs and improve documentation for everyone in the Liquibase community. Our community has built a lot. From extensions to integrations, you’ve helped make Liquibase the amazing open source project that it is today. We want to help make it stronger. Here are some ways to contribute: